If you are reading this then you probably have enjoyed a full year of learning with a school-issued iPad. You’ve had thoughtful discussions with your class on Schoology, won the final class Space Race on Socrative, beat your teacher’s best Scatter time on Quizlet, and created a “See You Next Year” video with iMovie. Maybe you even got to tile 2048. Your iPad has been your friend this year, but it’s time to turn it in for the summer. Get ahead of the game and back up your data right now! It will make the collection process easier.
Here are the steps you should follow to back up all your files, photos, videos, game data, and everything else you created this year.
- Back up Notability to iCloud and Google Drive (you can lose Notes from an iOS update)
- Open Notability app -> Settings (gearbox in bottom right) -> iCloud -> Move slider to On
- Open Notability app -> Settings (gearbox in bottom right) -> Auto-backup -> Google Drive (log in using your school Gmail or personal Gmail account)
- Update iPad to most current iOS
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update
- Update all apps
- Go to App Store and install all updates
- Backup up photos to Google+ (auto backup) or Google Drive (manual backup)
- Google+ (for use with personal Google accounts only): Open Google+ app -> Settings (gearbox in top of menu) -> Camera and Photos -> Auto Backup -> Back up all photos and videos
- Google Drive (for personal account or school account): Open Google Drive app -> Add to My Drive (+ button in top right) -> Upload Photos or Videos -> Camera Roll -> Select the photos you want to keep and then tap the blue checkmark
- Back up iPad to iCloud
- Go to Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup then turn on iCloud Backup
- Do not back up: Mail, Photos (which includes videos), and Music